When I contacted friends, family and past clients about submitting recipes for our Sunday Supper series a family friend connected Mrs. Dale Hamilton to me. She initially responded to the request of submitting a recipe but after back and forth emailing we realized how much we both enjoyed baking and cooking and have continued to pass recipes back and forth. It has taken me back to a past time when women wrote numerous letters and exchanged a recipe or two. It’s been a pleasant surprise receiving the mail and finding out what her favorites are!
My local grocery store did not carry roquefort cheese, we substituted blue cheese crumbles.
For chicken breasts, we purchased a package and sliced them in half with a very sharp knife.
The questions we provide are great for both adults and children. You can start with the question and answer it for yourself, and then answer it about your kids if they can’t answer it themselves.
- What was your mom like when you were a child? Was she strict or easy going? How do you remember her?
- What were you like before you became a mom or dad?
- What is something you wish you did more of before having children? What is something your children wish you did more of with them?
- 6 half breasts of chicken – boneless, skinless
- 3/4 c flour
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 t crushed rosemary
- 4 T butter
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 t snipped chives
- 3 oz pkg. Roquefort crumbled cheese
- t grated lemon rind
- T lemon juice
- 1/4 c blanched almond slivers
Coat chicken with mixture of first 4 ingredients. Brown in butter. Remove to shallow baking dish. Mix remaining ingredients (except almonds) and spread over chicken. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake uncovered 15 min.
Side: Spaghetti Squash
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- With a sharp knife (and ninja skills), split the spaghetti squash in half.
- Scrap out the seeds and discard or clean and save to plant next year.
- Place 1 tbsp of oil in each half and rub over “meat” of the squash.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Bake with “meat” side up for 25-30 min.
- Remove from oven and allow too cool slightly.
- Using a fork, scrap long ways down the squash to pull “spaghetti” out of squash
- Place squash on dish and layer chicken with sauce over it.
Dessert: Soda Cracker Pie
- 4 egg whites room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 package (sleeve) of ritz crackers
- 1 tsp baking powder
Beat 4 egg whites until stiff. Add 1 cup sugar gradually and 1 t vanilla. Continue beating until very stiff. Fold in 1 broken package of soda crackers (ritz crackers) with 1 t baking powder. – crush with hands but not to crumbs – chunks.
Pour into well-greases pie plate. Bake 25 mins. at 325. Let cool completely, about 4 hrs. Spread top with freshly beaten whip cream. Chill. When serving, top each slice with fresh fruit of choice – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches.