Whether it’s Sunday Suppers, Monday Meals or Tuesday Tacos, Preserving with Purpose wants to help take the pressure of planning a family meal off your shoulders. Utilize our recipe and questions for anytime of the week that works for you and your family’s schedule. We want to make you the hero of dinner time.
First, I want to take a moment to apologize for not getting a recipe and questions to you all last week. We experienced the unexpected loss of our loyal companion Gunner. It was all I could do to get out of bed, let alone write an email. I appreciate in advance your understanding. Please give your animal friends extra hugs and love for me.
This meal is great for camping or a backyard BBQ. Any sausages will work, but our favorite are the ones from Costco.
The questions we provide are great for both adults and children. You can start with the question and answer it for yourself, and then answer it about your kids if they can’t answer it themselves.
- What was your first pet?
- What was its name and where/how did you get it?
- What is your best memory with this pet?
The Best Roasted Sausages and Veggies
- 1 package Costco (or your choice) sausages
- 5-8 small yukon gold or red potatoes, washed, cut in half (if larger cut into thirds)
- 2 cups snap peas, washed
- 5-8 radishes, washed, trimmed, cut in half
- 4 Tbsps. ghee, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- Combine in a small bowl the ghee, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside
- Lay out the sausages on the baking tray and fill in the veggies around them. (you can add more veggies if you want and have room)
- With a spoon, drizzle the combined ghee, Dijon, garlic, salt and pepper over the veggies and sausages.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Easy Cherry Pie
• 1 ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• 1 8 oz package cream cheese
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1-14.5 oz can cherry pie filling
• 1 graham cracker pie crust
• Place cream cheese in a microwavable bowl. Warm/melt for 30 seconds.
• In a large bowl, place the cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. With a handheld mixer, mix on high for 7-8 minutes. The cream mixture should be thick and slightly firm.
• Place cream mixture into pie crust.
• Open can of cherries. Spoon mixture on top of cream.
• Chill in the fridge overnight or at least 4 hours.